Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Unmotivated and Frustrated

It's been roughly two weeks since I blogged. I'm not saying that is a good thing or a bad thing; a break is always needed from time to time. However, I say to myself that it is a bad thing because I don't really have any excuses to why I haven't been drawn to the blogging scene.

Believe it or not, I am constantly on social media scrolling down and reading the latest from fellow bloggers but come across as a ghost from it all because I'm so incredibly bad at interacting with everyone at the moment; is it just me? I read all your posts, envy over your beautiful photographs and bookmark your blogs for the future, but I'm not very active with showing it. Is this bad as a blogger? We constantly tell each other to support one another and I always feel guilty when I haven't been on social media for a few hours, or missed all the twitter chats for the evening. Maybe it is because blogging isn't priority at the moment. It's summer and I want to be outside, seeing friends, doing anything but sitting down at a desk and writing. I'm always out taking photos and thinking of post ideas but never want to take the time to sit and write.

I quit my job three weeks ago which means I have a lot of free time (it's like being 15 again with zero responsibilities). I "attempt" to be productive at writing but never really stick to it. I describe myself as a perfectionist, so when I get a pen to paper and the words don't sound right or nothing's flowing well then I'll stop. Or even if the pen doesn't write well then I'll put it down. I want to be able to enjoy this time writing rather than stressing myself out.


I think my lack of motivation is because it's summer. It doesn't make much sense because we've not been having the best weather here in England. It's probably just the thought of sitting at a desk writing when I have the freedom to do anything else, and something a little more active. I'm slowly dragging myself over to the notepad and jotting down notes, and I have recently thought of some exciting and some different posts so hopefully this is the return of A FabABulous Life.

Do you ever go through similar stages? Do you feel guilty for having a time out?

Are you following me on Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' Pinterest ?
Copyright @ A FabABulous Life. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign