Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 08, 2017

Reviewing Sephora Skin Care


I have been hovering around two brands of skincare for a while now and I thought I could use a change to see if there is any improvement on my skin condition. I took a trip to Sephora and asked one of the ladies for their best skin product. Of course, this was the most expensive in the shop so I asked for a more affordable product with a similar result and I was guided to the Sephora brand skincare. After a few testers, I decided to go for the Sephora Soothing Cleansing Milk and Instant Refreshing Toner, which go together. Both products are usable on any skin types, even sensitive. I only opted for the smaller sized products just incase they didn't work out, and they were a lot cheaper anyway. 

Bare in mind that I bought these products in China so they may not be available in the UK or other countries and the prices may vary. 

Sephora Cleansing Milk 
At first I was a little apprehensive with this product but the lady in the shop said it's the perfect match with the toner, so I took her advice and went for both, and I don't regret it. This is applied very lightly and instantly gives you a refreshed feeling face. It always seems to get the dirt and make up leftovers off my face, even after just one gentle scrub. It says on the back "gently removes impurities" and I 100% agree with this. It is used for your face and eyes, so it does more than you expect, for such a reasonable price. 


Sephora Instant Refreshing Toner
This is my favourite product out of the two because it completes the skin routine and leaves my skin feeling mega fresh. It perfects your whole cleansing routine and has definitely been working for me. I only tend to use one cotton pad's worth as that's all I feel I need for my skin. This is the ultimate choice to match with the cleansing milk, and the two together work perfectly. 



These two products work together like magic. I use both of them every night after taking off my make up for the day, with the cleansing milk being used first followed by the toner, and then I occasionally use the refreshing toner in the morning before applying make up. This isn't necessary, and I'm not sure it's what you're supposed to do, but it just gives me a fresh face for the morning and it seems to help reduce any pores which appear over night.
For me saying all this is a big deal because I never stick to a skin care routine, these products just do wonders to my skin. I will be ordering the bigger sizes in the future and adding a few more products to the equation, as there are a few more you can add in to this routine.
Obviously I know this isn't a complete skin routine, but these are the only products I am currently using. I have always used a range of products from different brands so I thought I would try sticking to one brand for now and see how it works out.
Result:
I have definitely seen improvements in my skin, with the exception of the occasional break outs that we all get now and then. After using the products before bed, my impurities break out during the night, rarely seeing break outs in the morning. Obviously I have only been using this products for a few weeks so hopefully I will notice more of a change in a few months time, and maybe when I buy a few more products in the collection.
One thing that, I think, is helping my skin as well is not wearing foundation. I stopped wearing foundation about 2 months ago just so I can let my skin breathe and get my skin in a healthy condition again, as foundation does not help it at all. Also, in China summer, foundation is not something you want to be wearing much of, it'll just sweat right off again.

What are your current skincare products? Have you ever tried Sephora skincare products?


Are you following me on Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' Pinterest ?
Copyright @ A FabABulous Life. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign